Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
Focusrite's Scarlett 2i4 is a robust and road ready 2 in/ 4 out USB audio interface. Being USB the 2i4 can be used almost anywhere you need to record or capture your musical inspiration. High quality mic pre-amps maintain the legendary Focusrite sound quality and a host of front panel controls and clever technology make sure latency and overloading inputs are a thing of the past.
Watch The official Scarlett 2i4 Video
Zero Latency Monitoring
The Scarlett 2i4 features Direct Monitor Blend Mixing. A Direct monitor switch allows monitoring of input sources with zero latency direct from the input. When this switch is off the monitoring is switched to hear the return signal from the computer which usually would include any added effects and processing applied within the software. The new direct monitor input/ playback dial allows users to blend or mix monitoring between the 2 different sources input, and DAW playback, offering a great new insight to how your instruments and productions sound in realtime.
Selectable Headphone Monitoring
The Scarlett 2i4 features a switch which allows users to select headphone monitoring between outputs 1/2 or 3/4. It also features four RCA phono outputs, two of which are also available on balanced TRS sockets. These, coupled with the high-level headphone output and flexible monitoring capability make Scarlett 2i4 ideal for digital DJs. Send outputs 1 & 2 to the main PA and use 3 & 4 for cueing, or send all four to a mixer.
In-Built MIDI Sockets
The Scarlett 2i4 interface also sports 5 pin MIDI In/Out sockets. These can be used for recording MIDI data from keyboards and triggering external MIDI devices/ instruments and modules. Normally you would have to pay extra for a MIDI interface but with one built-in to the Scarlett 2i4 rear panel, users will have no additional expense for dealing with MIDI devices.
Bundled With Software
Included in the package with the 2i4 interface is the Ableton Excite package. Featuring Ableton Live Lite, Novationís Bass Station soft synth and over 1GB of royalty-free samples from Loopmasters. It also comes with Focusrite Scarlett Plug-in Suite which includes Compressor, Reverb, Gate and EQ in the form of VST/AU/RTAS plug-ins.
USB Buss Powered
There is no need for a separate PSU with the Scarlett 2i4 interface. It is powered as soon as it is connected to the USB socket making it truly portable for recording audio in practically any location you find the need.
Product Main Features:
- Two high-quality award-winning Focusrite preamps
- Anodised Aluminium Unibody Chassis
- Ring LED signal indicators (green means healthy signal, red indicates clipping)
- High-quality 24-bit/96 kHz USB interface
- Better than 105dB dynamic range on record and playback
- Mixer knob for latency-free direct monitoring, mixes between input signal and DAW playback signal
- USB bus-powered
- Two Neutrik combination inputs
- Rear panel balanced TRS outputs (1 & 2) and phono (1-4)
- MIDI in and out
- Headphone amplifier with separate level control
- Headphone monitor switch to hear either set of outputs
- Switchable phantom power
- Switchable 10dB pad on all inputs
- Large monitor level control
- Includes Xcite+ Pack, Ableton Live Lite and Scarlett VST/AU/RTAS Plug-in Suite
- Dimensions: Height 48 mm x Width 210 mm x Depth 140 mm
- Weight: 890 g
MAC: OSX10.5 or greater.
- PC: Windows 7 or greater