Saffire Pro 40
Dont forget if you own a Mac you will need a different firewire cable for Focusrite interface connection. These are available: here
The Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 represents the new generation of Focusrite multi-channel firewire audio interfaces. It is the best sounding interface in its class, attentively designed with today’s project studio in mind.
Designed with the professional in mind a host of inputs and outputs have been added to the unit. Alongside the eight Focusrite pre-amps are a host of i/o options; 10 analogue outputs, ADAT i/o, stereo SPDIF i/o and 2 virtual ‘loopback’ inputs for routing digital audio between software applications. Every channel features phantom power, with the first two channels also featuring -9dB pads for additional headroom. Front panel 5-LED metering for each analogue input offers accurate viewing of levels.
For advanced monitoring Focusrite have placed 2 independent headphone buses on the front panel, each with their own level controls available on the front panel. A dedicated stereo monitor mix output features pads for improved sound quality when connected to active monitor speakers. An 'anti-thump' circuit protects your monitor speakers from spikes when booting up or shutting down.
Saffire PRO 40 comes with the Focusrite plug-in suite. All-new Focusrite Compression, Reverb, Gating and EQ VST/AU plug-ins provide a significant upgrade from standard sequencer effects, bringing a touch of class to your session. Focusrite’s established Xcite+ bundle is also included. The bundle includes Ableton Live Lite, Novation’s Bass Station soft synth and over 1 gig of royalty-free samples.
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 Audio Interface Main features -
- Eight High Quality Award-winning Focusrite Pre-amps
- High Quality 24-bit/96kHz Firewire Interface
- JetPLL jitter elimination technology
- Total I/O Count of 20 Inputs and 20 Outputs
- Unique loop-back facility for routing audio between software applications via Saffire PRO 40 Control.
- Suite of Focusrite VST/AU plug-ins including Focusrite Compression, Reverb, Gating and EQ.
- Two separate headphone buses with independent level controls
- Saffire PRO 40 Control Zero-latency 18 X 16 DSP Mixer/Router
- Unmatched routing flexibility
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1 dB
- Weight: 3kg / 6.6Ibs
- Dimensions: 482mm / 19" (W) x 45mm / 1.8" (H) x 265mm /10.4" (D)
- Rackmount format