The Focusrite Forte is a professional 2 in, 4 out portable USB audio interface for Mac and Windows, designed to deliver analogue sources to your DAW at the highest possible quality. It features two remote-controlled mic preamps, the same mic pre that features in Focusrite's top-flight RedNet range. Forte partners these with superb digital conversion at up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution. Built into a solid aluminium case, Forte features a colour OLED display, touch controls and a single large control knob for intuitive operation, with DAW integration and much more.
Featuring two of the latest design of Focusrite's remote-controlled microphone preamplifiers, as used in Focusrite’s flagship RedNet range, Forte connects to both Mac and Windows computers via USB 2.0. It incorporates highest-quality precision 24-bit A-D and D-A converters operating at sample rates up to 192kHz, and the conversion stages have had maximum attention paid to both analogue and digital design to deliver the best possible performance.
Forte includes a colour OLED (Organic LED) display to indicate mic, line in, line out and headphone levels, gain structure and other functionality. It features a single, large, smoothly-rotating control knob operated in conjunction with a series of touch-sensitive icons to access preamplifier and output functions – input, monitor, headphone, and control – plus the ability to control DAW functions and act as a remote control for your music software.
Forte includes a breakout cable with locking connector. This cable is used for microphone (XLR) and line/instrument (TRS) inputs, but balanced line and independent headphone outputs are provided on the unit itself, so the breakout cable is not required for playback-only applications. In addition, the fact that the mic and line-level inputs on the breakout cable are separate means that you can keep your inputs connected all the time without having to re-patch when you go from one to the other.
Included with the unit is Forte Control software application, which allows the configuration of low-latency monitoring, mic pre level adjustment and other features. Also in the box is the classic Focusrite Midnight plugin suite, accurately modelling the classic ISA110 EQ and ISA130 compressor.
- Two Focusrite RedNet remote-controlled microphone preamps
- Ultra-high quality A-D and D-A conversion at up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution
- +48V phantom power, HPF and polarity reverse
- Mac and Windows compatible
- Bus-powered (except when 48V phantom power is engaged)
- Premium aluminium enclosure
- Built-in main monitor outputs do not require a breakout cable!
- Supplied breakout cable for mic and line inputs only
- Touch-sensitive buttons
- Large metal control knob
- Colour OLED (Organic LED) metering/display
- Control and configuration software included
- Focurite's superb plug-in emulation of the classic Forte Console EQ and Compression, Midnight, is included